Monday, April 21, 2008

Eye candy and the creation thereof

I've been kinda banging the visualization drum somewhat this past year, in case it wasn't obvious. It's something I'm thinking of putting some more work into for the next few months, more along the lines of creation than simply use. There's also likely to be a substantial component of it in my summer internship, but that's as much excuse to get into this as it is reason.

To that end, I'm trying to dig up some resources on visualization in interactive projects - stuff as much on a theoretical/technical level as anything else, sort of like the interaction design textbook we were using in the digital history course but more focused. A friend of mine out west has worked at BioWare for awhile - and who is thus completely surrounded by interactive visualization of the highest order - less recommended than demanded I check out Colin Ware's Information Visualization: Perception for Design as a starting point. I plan to pillage it from Western's library tomorrow.

Newbie to the field on any kind of detailed level as I am, I'm curious as to what else could be out there. Is anyone reading this who's familiar with the field aware of any other resources I might want to try checking out?

No comments: